*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read full disclosure.*
Now this is the way to start a chilly fall morning! Combining two delicious fall flavors to make one creamy delicious fall drink! I absolutely love carrot cake, there is something about how all the flavors come together and create a delicious treat. I also love pumpkin pie, or pumpkin anything really. What better time of the year to treat yourself to both of these wonderful flavors than now? With Thanksgiving being tomorrow, I say treat yourself to a delicious new coffee drink that combines both of these fall flavors, along with all the feels of the season. A smooth and creamy Pumpkin and Carrot Spiced Latte!
What Is A Pumpkin And Carrot Spiced Latte?
A Pumpkin and Carrot Spice Latte sounds more complicated than it really is. Don’t be intimidated by, well really any coffee drink. Once you have figured out the basics, you can pretty much add whatever flavor you like. So this latte is a pumpkin latte, with some added carrot powder to taste. Simple enough right? So let’s get to the good stuff and find out how to make this delicious Pumpkin and Carrot Spice Latte in just minutes!
What Will You Need?
Well you can’t have a delicious latte without some delicious coffee to start! So let’s get ourselves a nice strong espresso, or “espresso like” coffee. You can use whatever brand of coffee you like, just make sure it’s nice and strong so you get that espresso taste with the latte. You never want the flavors of the latte to out weigh the taste of the coffee. You want a nice balance between the two for the perfect cup.
Next you want a nice thick milk to steam and froth. I used to recommend whole milk, but as of late I have been using almond vanilla milk, and I feel it is much better for a good latte. More creamy and smooth, and gives the latte a good thickness, which I happen to love in my lattes. Of course though, you can use whatever type of milk that suits your preference.
With the base of your latte covered, coffee and milk, now we can work on spices and flavor.
You will want to use some honey OR real maple syrup, real pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and carrot powder, some vanilla extract, and some cornstarch or arrowroot (for added thickness).
Grab some whipped topping and some cinnamon to top it off!
How To Make Your Pumpkin and Carrot Spice Latte
When I’m making almost anything, I like to time things so that they are done right when they should be, so nothing gets cold sitting for the other. So if you are using an espresso machine, then I would heat the milk mixture first and wait to brew the espresso until just before the milk is hot enough. If you are using a regular coffee machine, then I would start the brew and the milk mixture at the same time.
If you have a blender, blend the milk and all other ingredients first, and then heat on the stove. If you do not, you can do this in your pot while heating. Making sure to mix well.
- 1/2 cup strong coffee OR 2 oz. espresso
- 3/4 cup of your milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons of real pumpkin puree, 1 tablespoon of honey OR real maple syrup, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, 1 teaspoon carrot powder (or to taste), and 1/2 teaspoon of cornstarch or arrowroot (for added thickness)
If you are using a Blender:
- Blend all ingredients in until nice and thick. Pour mixture into a pot and cook on low heat until you have reached your desired temperature. The mixture should be nice and creamy with a thick froth forming on the top.
If you are using a Stovetop:
- Add pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and the carrot powder to pot and cook on low heat until nice and thick, almost like a paste. Add honey. Stirring constantly so as not to burn. Add milk like making a rue, slowly, while mixing, making sure there are no clumps. Once all milk is added and you have it mixed thoroughly, you can add the rest of the ingredients. Heat until nice and thick and you can see a nice froth forming on the top.
Note: I usually dip my pinky finger in the milk to test the temperature.
By this time, the coffee should be done and we can mix our latte! I like to add the milk to the espresso, but you can add the espresso to the milk if you like!
Top with whipped topping, cinnamon and carrot flakes. Maybe some caramel drizzle. Anything you like! This is the time to indulge yourself and enjoy some of life’s simplest pleasures!
PUMPKIN AND CARROT SPICED LATTE
- Coffee Maker
- Stovetop Pot OR Blender
- ½ cup Strong Coffee OR 2 ounces Espresso
- ¾ cup Milk of Choice
- 2 tablespoons Pumpkin Puree
- 1 tablespoon Real Maple Syrup OR Honey
- ¼ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ½ teaspoon Carrot Powder to taste
- ½ teaspoon Cornstarch OR Arrowroot
If You Are Using A Blender
- Brew your coffee using your preferred brewing method.
- Add all other ingredients to blender and mix until thick and creamy.
- When milk is mixed, pour into stovetop pot and heat on stove until desired temperature is reached.
- Once your desired temperature is reached, pour your milk into your coffee.
If You Are Using A Stovetop
- Brew your coffee using your preferred brewing method.
- Add pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and carrot powder to pot and cook on low heat until nice and thick, almost like a paste.
- Add the honey. Stirring constantly to avoid burning.
- Add the milk slowly, like making a rue. Stirring constantly to rid any clumps that may form.
- Once all the milk is added, add the rest of the ingredients.
- Heat until nice and thick and you can see a nice froth forming on the top.
- Once the coffee is done and your milk has reached your desired temperature, pour the milk into the coffee
Get Cozy This Holiday!
What better way to start off a holiday season than with a warm and cozy fall coffee! This Pumpkin and Carrot Spiced Latte will make you want to curl up in a blanket, in front of the fireplace, with a good book or movie. Ahhh, I love those days.
If you have made this fall favorite before and have any tips, or have any questions or comments, please leave them in the comment section below. I would love to hear what you have to say!
For the Love of Coffee